Vortex Horizontal Profiler
The VORTEX HORIZONTAL PROFILER Series of full 5-axis horizontal machining centers brings unsurpassed speed, accuracy and efficiency to large aerospace parts production. The special integrated construction and large vertically oriented worktables on these machines allow users to productively process parts with a maximum load capacity of well over 6,614 lbs.
- Powerful 60-hp, 26,000-rpm HSK-A63 integral spindle motor
- 30- and 60-tool magazine capacities provide high machining versatility
- Horizontal worktable positioning enables quick, easy part loading and setup
- Box-type construction integrates base, column and table and offers maximum rigidity
- Symmetrical base/column design and advanced coolant system minimizes heat displacement
- Optional rotary-type two-table changer further boosts productivity
Box Construction and Tilting Table
Unique concept design raises the bar
The box construction integrating the base, column, and table brings about a variety of strengths unlike other machinery. Fully closed force loop construction and integrated robust table provides exceptional rigidity to ensure stable high machining accuracy in addition to providing a tiltying table for large workpieces. This ensures convenient workpiece loading/unloading; the table is horizontal for workpiece setup and tilted 90 degrees for machining
Ball-Screw Core Cooling
Thermal management on the X-, Y-, and Z-axes
Temperature-controlled cooling oil circulates through the ball screw cores to ensure stable machining accuracy over extended periods of high speed operation.
Full 5-Axis Machining
Powerful Capabilities Designed Well
The simultaneous 5-axis machining head offers +/- 110° of A-axis tilting, +/- 200° of C-axis rotation with a powerful, high speed HSK-A63 26,000 rpm 60HP spindle with 50 rpm of A/C axis rapids, both driven by direct drive motors.