The MEGATURN SMART Series of vertical turning centers brings powerful cutting performance, user-friendly CNC programming and high productivity to heavy-duty machining applications involving large workpieces. With model configurations that include rotary tool milling capability (M) and second turning spindles (S), the series also provides multi-tasking and DONE IN ONE® operations for shops seeking maximum versatility.
- High-torque integral spindle/motor for heavy-duty machining
- High-rigidity 12-position drum turret for rapid tool indexing
- Separate tool magazine storage for boring bars
- Optional automatic tool changer increases machine flexibility
- Linear roller guides provide high rigidity and positioning accuracy
- Efficient chip disposal prevents heat from affecting the machine bed
- Convenient workpiece loading/unloading and machine setup
- SMART CNC allows for quick and easy program development
- Available in mirrored left/right configurations for convenient part transfers
No VTL Cross-Rail
Larger machining area from eliminated intereference
- Maximum workpiece size of ø920mm(ø36.22”) × 800mm(31.50”)
- The machine base is designed for heavy duty cutting by using structural analysis to ensure the maximum rigidity. By utilizing roller linear guides on the X-and Z-axes, not only is high rigidity realized but smooth cutting is also ensured even at high speed feedrates. Because of these modifications, the high strength and rigidity is maintained without the presence of a VTL Crossrail.
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
The integral spindle/motor uses no gears or belts which can cause vibration during machining. The smaller number of parts in the headstock assembly provides high-reliability.
Long Boring Bar Changer
Increases machine uptime
The system eliminates interference with adjacent tools for extremely convenient tool setup. By increasing the number fo tools that can be stored, permanent set tooling that meets the requirements of a wide variety of workpieces can be used. Higher productivity is realized by minimizing tool setup when changing workpieces. Demonstrated above, the turning tools (including long boring bars) can be automatically stored in the adjacent tool magazine.