The high-accuracy, high-value VARIAXIS j-Series provides multiple surface and simultaneous 5-axis machining center options for handling a wide variety of applications within industries that include aerospace, automotive and general machinery.
The series handles all processes from raw material input through final machining to provide dramatic reductions in lead times and improve workpiece accuracy through the elimination of multiple setups. .
- j-500 and j-600 provide high-accuracy multi-surface machining
- j-500 5X and j-600 5X offer high-accuracy simultaneous 5-axis machining
- DONE IN ONE® operations reduce total production time
- Rotary/tilt table on j-500 and j-600 provides simultaneous 4-axis capabilities and A-axis indexing
- Rotary/tilt table on the j-500 5X and j-600 5X enables simultaneous 5-axis machining
- High-rigidity tables provide precision machining
- 12,000 and 18,000 spindle speeds provide exceptional versatility
- 18-tool and 30-tool magazines offer long, continuous operation
- Automatic tool changers reduce machining cycle times
- Linear roller guide on X-, Y- and Z-axes provide high accuracy positioning
- Easy conversational programming for multi-surface and simultaneous 5-axis machining
- Intelligent Functions provide ease of operation and optimum efficiency
- Convenient operation when using an overhead crane
- Two-pallet changer option facilitates unattended machining
- Small footprints require minimal floor space
Auto-Tool Length Measurement
Reduces set up time and increases reliability
The length of tools, such as drills and taps, are automatically measured by the tool measuring unit mounted at the side of the machine table. The same unit can inspect a tool for breakage immediately after its machining operation is completed. If any breakage is detected, that tool will no longer be used and will automatically be replaced by a spare tool mounted in the machine magazine.
Ball-Screw Core Cooling
Thermal management on the X-, Y-, and Z-axes
Temperature-controlled cooling oil circulates through the ball screw cores to ensure stable machining accuracy over extended periods of high speed operation.
Dual Pallet Changer
The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Pre-engineered for integration into factory automation setups including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Designed for convenient system expansion after the initial system installation from a minimum of 1 machining center, 1 loading station and pallet stocker with pallets. The pallet stocker modules are available in single, double, or triple levels.