Vertical Center Nexus Compact
Available as a 3, 4 or 5-axis configurations, our VERTICAL CENTER NEXUS COMPACT machining center quickly and accurately process small, highly complex parts from tough materials, including Inconel®, titanium and stainless steel, in low, medium and high volumes.
Featuring several innovations and capabilities that are usually only found on full-size vertical machining centers, these small-footprint solutions increase efficiency, reduce cycle times, improve part quality and accelerate time to market – all at the lowest cost per part.
- Three innovative, highly productive machine configurations
- Fast, powerful and rigid spindle performance
- Large capacity tool storage
- Mazak MX Hybrid Roller Guide System provides unmatched rigidity, speed and accuracy
- CNC controls offer easy programming, fast job setup and increased accuracy
- Optional automation cell for lights-out manufacturing
MX Hybrid Roller Guides
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Better distribution load points via an X-Design that allows load to be applied in four directions
- Higher positioning accuracy than boxways due to no stick and slip
- Faster and greener than boxways with nearly twice the rapid traverse rate and less contamination in the coolant system
Automatic Tool Changers
Provides part-production versatility
Machinery that feature cam-driven automatic tool changers that significantly reduce non-cut times by quickly exchanging tools and getting spindles back in the cut in the shortest times possible. Reliable tool monitoring on these machines maximizes production efficiency and lowers operating costs via early problem detection. A standard tool storage capacity 20 tools ensures continuous machining operation, while an optional 30-tool magazine is available to further reduce set-up times and increase machining flexibility.
Ball-Screw Core Cooling
Thermal management on the X-, Y-, and Z-axes
Temperature-controlled cooling oil circulates through the ball screw cores to ensure stable machining accuracy over extended periods of high speed operation.