The single-table VORTEX-i series vertical machining centers with a 31.5″ square pallet are perfect for job shops as well as aerospace and heavy construction part manufacturers focused on value and precision.
The machine’s tilting spindle allows for the 5-axis simultaneous machining of complex contours on large parts, such as jet engine casings, airframe components and gearboxes, made from titanium, aluminum and steel.
Standard, high-speed and high-torque spindle specifications are available to successfully meet a wide variety of application requirements.
- Handles parts up to 66.93″ in diameter and 62.99″ high
- Tilting spindle design helps reduce setup times
- Spindle selection addresses various metal removal requirements
- Fast rapid traverse rate of 2,047 ipm
- Tool storage capacities from 43 to 160 tools offer high flexibility
- MAZATROL SmoothX CNC offers industry’s fastest processing times
Roller Cam B-Axis
For high-rigidity heavy-duty cutting
Elimination of backlash ensures high accuracy and high efficiency machining. (over the rotary position range of 150 degrees, positioning accuracy is two times better than the ISO standard)
Ball-Screw Core Cooling
Thermal management on the X-, Y-, and Z-axes
Temperature-controlled cooling oil circulates through the ball screw cores to ensure stable machining accuracy over extended periods of high speed operation.
MX Hybrid Roller Guides
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Better distribution load points via an X-Design that allows load to be applied in four directions
- Higher positioning accuracy than boxways due to no stick and slip
- Faster and greener than boxways with nearly twice the rapid traverse rate and less contamination in the coolant system