The HCN-Q series performs operations of HMC’s and traditional boring machines to improve flexibility and reduce part setups. It also offers reliability and accuracy and it can be automated with PALLETECH to increases versatility with DONE IN ONE® processing by adding deep boring and U-axis machining capabilities. The double-column design centers the quill to eliminate overhang or imbalance, and it features a twin ball screw-driven Y axis to ensure fast, precise and smooth Y-axis stroke extension and retraction.
- Quill-head features built-in motor, high-torque, direct-drive spindle
- Linear drive guides
- Angular contact bearings support Z-axis thrust for heavy-duty boring and drilling operations
- Roller-type bearings provide stability during face milling and heavy roughing operations
- Spacious single table workspace
- Automatic tool changer available to further boost set up speeds
- Optional automatic attachment changer increases parts processing flexibility through the use of various special operation attachments such as angled heads, U-axis boring tools and facing heads, U-axis OD turning heads and snout heads