Horizontals Machining Process
The Mazak Horizontals machining series offers a solution for every type of application. This includes, but isn’t limited to heavy-duty, high speed, large and small parts in both high and low-production environments. Mazak offers the widest range of horizontal machining centers in the industry to ensure our customers have the best solutions for their specific needs with the lowest cost of ownership.
Also known as milling, this process relies on rotary cutters to remove metal from a workpiece. Horizontal machining occurs on a horizontal machining center (HMC), which employs a spindle that is parallel to the ground floor. With a horizontally oriented spindle, tools stick out of the side of the tool holder and cut across the side of a workpiece, encouraging chips to fall away from the table. Horizontal machining centers also allow for two-pallet changer integration to facilitate unattended operation and reduce part cycle times. While the Mazak horizontals machining centers range in size and capacity, each one is designed with quality, reliability, ease of operation and safety in mind. Furthermore, thanks to their Production-On-Demand manufacturing philosophy, all of the horizontal machining centers incorporate the latest, most advanced milling technology to boost productivity and grow your business.
- Rigid designs allow for fast acceleration and increased repeatability
- Large tool storage capacities enable increased part-production versatility
- Various spindle speed and torque selections for materials ranging from aluminum to titanium
- 3-, 4- and 5-axis capabilities for infinite possibilities as to the part shapes you can process
- MX Hybrid Roller Guides provide durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- A two-pallet changer comes standard on most models to increase spindle utilization
- On-board probing for part location and feature inspection within the cutting cycle
- User-friendly CNC controls simplify programming and increase productivity
- Configured for robot integration to facilitate unattended machining (loading/unloading)
- Integrate with the Mazak PALLETECH System for unattended “lights out” operation