Horizontal Center Nexus
The HORIZONTAL CENTER NEXUS (HCN) world-class lineup of horizontal machining centers combines outstanding value with high-performance features, enabling manufacturers to achieve maximum productivity when working with virtually any type of material.
These machines provide unmatched machining stability and ease of operation by utilizing Mazak’s MATRIX NEXUS CNC controls. Furthermore, while these machines require minimal floor space, they still provide exceptionally wide machining areas for handling large workpieces.
- Pallet size range from 400 mm square to 1,250 mm square
- Wide variety of spindle specifications featuring #40 and #50 taper spindle designs for high-speed, high-horsepower and high-torque metal cutting performance
- Ballscrew Core Cooling (XYZ) standard to ensures thermal stability over long machining cycles
- Highest maximum workpiece diameter, height and weight in its class
- Cam-driven automatic tool changer function ensuring high speed and reliable tool change cycles
- Machines pre engineered for integration into factory automation including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Wide variety of tool magazines and tool hives to 330 tools to meet the wide variety of work piece lot size and unattended production
- Table work piece variations available providing high speed, high accuracy work piece positioning
- The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer as standard with rotating front pallet for ease of set up
- Ergonomic friendly machine designs featuring large windows, swiveling operation panel, ease of part & tool loading, and easy access into maintence areas.
- Touch Probe Ready Spindle designs allowing ease of field installation
Enhanced Machining Center Versatility
The spindle orientation is controlled so that the boring tool tip can machine turning features while it moves in an X-Y axes arc. As a result, turning features can be machined without a U-axis controlled tool.
- Machining of taper bores
- Machining of different bore diameters by a single tool
- Machining of inner diameters and outer diameters larger than the tool diameter
Dual Pallet Changer
The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Pre-engineered for integration into factory automation setups including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Designed for convenient system expansion after the initial system installation from a minimum of 1 machining center, 1 loading station and pallet stocker with pallets. The pallet stocker modules are available in single, double, or triple levels.
Ball-Screw Core Cooling
Thermal management on the X-, Y-, and Z-axes
Temperature-controlled cooling oil circulates through the ball screw cores to ensure stable machining accuracy over extended periods of high speed operation.