Horizontal Center Universal
Designed and built in Florence, Kentucky, our simple but innovative HORIZONTAL CENTER UNIVERSAL (HCU) Series of horizontal machining centers has a price-performance ratio that’s unmatched in high-precision small parts manufacturing.
In fact, these small-footprint 4-axis machines offer the perfect balance of innovative technology, increased productivity and maximum value, which is ideal for shops that want to increase business without making a huge capital investment.
- Spindle speeds of 12,000 or 20,000 rpm exceed various metal removal requirements
- Automatic tool changers significantly reduce non-cut times
- Reliable tool monitoring maximizes production efficiency
- Expandable tool storage ensures part production versatility
- Standard equipped NC-positioning tables provide precise 4-axis machining
- Optional NC-rotary tables offer accurate simultaneous 4-axis contouring
- Mazak MX Hybrid Roller Guide Systems provide unmatched rigidity, speed and accuracy
- Coolant-cored ball screws help maintain a constant machine temperature
- One-piece X-axis way covers prevent chip contamination for improved reliability
- Heavy-duty machine bases and columns with three-point leveling create high stability
- SMART CNC technology offers easy programming and fast job setup
- Easily pairs with hydraulic fixtures to further increase productivity
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
With high-speed or high-torque available integral motor spindle types, the machine allows users to match spindle performance to their specific machining requirements with the proper speeds and power. The machine provides fast, efficient and versatile machining of a wide variety of materials from steels to nonferrous metals. Vibration is minimized during high-speed operation to ensure exceptional surface finish and maximum tool life.
Dual Pallet Changer
The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Pre-engineered for integration into factory automation setups including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Designed for convenient system expansion after the initial system installation from a minimum of 1 machining center, 1 loading station and pallet stocker with pallets. The pallet stocker modules are available in single, double, or triple levels.
Auto-Tool Length Measurement
Reduces set up time and increases reliability
The length of tools, such as drills and taps, are automatically measured by the tool measuring unit mounted at the side of the machine table. The same unit can inspect a tool for breakage immediately after its machining operation is completed. If any breakage is detected, that tool will no longer be used and will automatically be replaced by a spare tool mounted in the machine magazine.