The MEGA Series of super high-torque horizontal machining centers make the heavy-duty machining of tough materials from steel and cast iron to Inconel and titanium extremely efficient, accurate and productive. The machines feature wide machining areas for accommodating large, heavy workpieces.
- High-horsepower, high-torque integral spindle/motors
- High-rigidity bed and column ensure high-performance, high-accuracy
- Linear-roller guides on all axes for speed and accuracy
- NC rotary table offers precise four-axis indexing and machining
- Cam-driven tool changing ensures reliable high-speed tool change cycles
- 60-tool storage capacity and 80, 120, 160, 180, 240 and 348 capacities optional
- Standard two-pallet changers
- Easy interface with Mazak’s PALLETECH System for automated operation
High-Torque Titanium Spindle
Unsurpassed Spindle Performance
- The spindle with a top speed of 6000 rpm delivers unsurpassed performance over a wide variety of production requirements.
- Powerful spindle capable of working with any workpiece metal type
- Machine spindle’s construction is provided excellent accessibility by column-feed design, making workpiece and tool set-up & adjustment a breeze
Dual Pallet Changer
The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Pre-engineered for integration into factory automation setups including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Designed for convenient system expansion after the initial system installation from a minimum of 1 machining center, 1 loading station and pallet stocker with pallets. The pallet stocker modules are available in single, double, or triple levels.
Auto-Tool Length Measurement
Reduces set up time and increases reliability
The length of tools, such as drills and taps, are automatically measured by the tool measuring unit mounted at the side of the machine table. The same unit can inspect a tool for breakage immediately after its machining operation is completed. If any breakage is detected, that tool will no longer be used and will automatically be replaced by a spare tool mounted in the machine magazine.