Inverted Vertical Spindle
The unique IVS Inverted Vertical Spindle Series of machines provides maximum stability and high accuracy positioning for high volume production applications. Machine automation can be custom configured to specific application requirements, and two machines can be joined to complete first and second processes. For the IVS Series, Mazak can supply the automation, material handling, tooling and gauging for complete turnkey systems. All this combined in a compact footprint with maximum accessibility for part and tool setups.
- Inverted spindle designs
- Available rotary tool milling (M) capability
- High accuracy positioning and performance stability
- Accepts parts in any orientation
- Easily configured into two-machine turnkey setups
- Rotary tooling for more complete processing
- Gantry loader automation
MX Hybrid Roller Guides
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Better distribution load points via an X-Design that allows load to be applied in four directions
- Higher positioning accuracy than boxways due to no stick and slip
- Faster and greener than boxways with nearly twice the rapid traverse rate and less contamination in the coolant system
Automatic Tool Changers
Provides part-production versatility
Machinery that feature cam-driven automatic tool changers that significantly reduce non-cut times by quickly exchanging tools and getting spindles back in the cut in the shortest times possible. Reliable tool monitoring on these machines maximizes production efficiency and lowers operating costs via early problem detection. A standard tool storage capacity 20 tools ensures continuous machining operation, while an optional 30-tool magazine is available to further reduce set-up times and increase machining flexibility.
Efficient Chip Management
Increases machine uptime
Chip conveyor system provides fast, low-maintenance chip management, while flood coolant evacuates chips quickly and efficiently from the machine’s work envelope. Choose between a high 48-inch or low 18-inch discharge chip conveyor. The complete chip system, which fits within the footprint of the machine, helps prevent production slowdowns caused by chip buildup.