The MULTIPLEX II Series of CNC turning centers provide Multi-Tasking capability with dual-spindle/dual-turret machine configurations for mid-sized lot production. Both spindles can be used to effeciently machine the front and back sides of parts, including milling, for DONE IN ONE®, single-setup production. Both turning spindles are identical in performance and can also be used to simultaneously cut two parts at one time. Their synchronized rotation delivers high-accuracy for operations like shaft work.
- Center partition allows use as two separate machines
- High accuracy shaft machining
- High accuracy and high speed workpiece transfer
- Large window for excellent visibility of both spindles
- Moveable CNC operation panel for operator ease of use
- Ease of programming with ability to use both conversational and EIA ISO programming format as standard
Twin Integral Motors
Productivity of 2 Turning Centers within 1
2 independently controlled spindles/turrets with the same machining performance delivers twice the output of a single 2-Axis turning center
- Automatic workpiece transfer provides the ability to perform continuous machining of 1st and 2nd turning processes
- Simultaneously fully-automatic continuous machining of both sides of a workpiece
- Chuck-type workpieces are processed 1.5 times faster, resulting in 40% of the time used when compared to conventional 4-Axis lathes.
- Tool interface is no longer an issue, unlike traditional 4-axis turning machines.
Automatic Tool Eye
Automated Detection for Tool Wear and Damage
Each machine features a standard tool eye that automatically measures tool-tip positions to detect for tool wear and damage, ensuring part accuracy during continuous machining operations. Compensation can be automatically calculated with inspection for tool breakage. In addition, since tool setup is done by simply bringing the tool tip into contact with the Tool Eye, tool setup time is considerably reduced.
Automatic Workpiece Handling
Increased productivity by automatic operation
- Unloading Hand: For increased machine utilization
- Cut Feeder: Automatically cuts bar material up to 80mm (3.15in) diameter, including cold-rolled steel and irregularly-shaped material. Automatically supplies workpiece material cut to length to machine spindle.
- Cycle Bar Feeder: Handles small diameters up to 50mm (1.97in) cold finished steel bar.
- Automated and Unmanned operation by unloading hand and Mazak Cut Feeder or Cycle Bar Feeder