Quick Turn Universal
Made in Kentucky, our simple but innovative QUICK TURN UNIVERSAL (QTU) Series of small-footprint CNC turning centers has a price-performance ratio that’s unmatched in high-precision small parts production.
Perfect for job shops and first and second tier automotive suppliers, the Series features a diverse machine selection, including models with upper turrets for rotary tool milling, second spindles and Y-axis capability, to productively and affordably fulfill any manufacturing requirement.
- Integral spindle/motor headstocks provide high power and stability during heavy cutting
- Full-circumference C-axis headstock brake design offers high-accuracy spindle positioning (Y-axis machines)
- Second turning spindles add DONE IN ONE® part processing
- Milling turrets with rotary tool spindles provide Multi-Tasking functionality
- Y-axis functionality offers movement above and below the centerline
- Special turret design provides multiple tool configurations for part processing flexibility
- Servo-driven, programmable NC tailstocks yield high productivity levels
- New bed design with low center of gravity offers rigid, durable performance
- Large swing capacity exceeds any competitive products in this machine class
- Efficient, ergonomic design allows for operator convenience and lowers power consumption
- Advanced CNC technology offers easy programming and optimized performance
- Easy integration of bar feeders, gantry loaders and robots for unmanned operation
MX Hybrid Roller Guides
Provides unmatched rigidity, speed, and accuracy
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Better distribution load points via an X-Design that allows load to be applied in four directions
- Higher positioning accuracy than boxways due to no stick and slip
- Faster and greener than boxways with nearly twice the rapid traverse rate and less contamination in the coolant system
Automatic Tool Changers
Provides part-production versatility
A special servo-driven turret design on the QTU machines offers multiple tool configurations. The turret uses a roller gear cam drive system to achieve smooth high-speed, high-accuracy indexing motion as well as eliminate the need for expensive curvic/index couplings. Without these couplings, it is possible to increase the turret to include up to 25 small tools as well as program an infinite number of index positions without having to make any changes on the turret housing.
Efficient Chip Management
Increases machine uptime
Chip conveyor system provides fast, low-maintenance chip management, while flood coolant evacuates chips quickly and efficiently from the machine’s work envelope. Choose between a high 48-inch or low 18-inch discharge chip conveyor. The complete chip system, which fits within the footprint of the machine, helps prevent production slowdowns caused by chip buildup.