The VORTEX-e series vertical machining centers are perfect for job shops as well as aerospace and heavy construction-part manufacturers focused on accurate, high-volume production.
Equipped with a tilting spindle, the machine has full 5-axis and multiple-surface machining capabilities that allow it to productively cut large, complex parts from titanium, aluminum and steel.
Configurations available also contain setups with two-pallet changer that provides unattended operations and off-cycle part setup. This simple, efficient form of automation allows operators to load, unload and inspect parts on one pallet while the machine works on the other undisturbed.
- Configurations can handle parts up to 59.06″ in diameter and 57.09″ high
- Tilting spindle design enables full 5-axis and multi-surface machining
- Spindle specifications address various metal removal requirements
- Tool storage capacities from 40 to 348 tools offer high flexibility
- MAZATROL SmoothX CNC delivers industry’s fastest processing times
- Two-pallet changer facilitates unattended machining
- Integrates with optional PALLETECH System for lights-out operations
Roller Cam B-Axis
For high-rigidity heavy-duty cutting
Elimination of backlash ensures high accuracy and high efficiency machining. (over the rotary position range of 150 degrees, positioning accuracy is two times better than the ISO standard)
Automatic Tool Eye
Automated Detection for Tool Wear and Damage
Each machine features a standard tool eye that automatically measures tool-tip positions to detect for tool wear and damage, ensuring part accuracy during continuous machining operations. Compensation can be automatically calculated with inspection for tool breakage. In addition, since tool setup is done by simply bringing the tool tip into contact with the Tool Eye, tool setup time is considerably reduced.
Dual Pallet Changer
The industry’s fastest Two Pallet Changer
- More surface contact for large load capacities and better dampening
- Pre-engineered for integration into factory automation setups including Mazak’s PALLETECH Manufacturing Cell
- Designed for convenient system expansion after the initial system installation from a minimum of 1 machining center, 1 loading station and pallet stocker with pallets. The pallet stocker modules are available in single, double, or triple levels.