Mazak Vertical Applications
AW Miller is a vertical lathe machine distributor, offering solutions for every type of application. For example, heavy-duty, high speed, large and small parts in both high and low-production environments. Mazak offers the widest range of vertical machining centers in the industry to ensure our customers have the best solutions for their specific needs with the lowest cost of ownership.
The Mazak Vertical Machining Process
Vertical Machining, also known as milling, relies on rotary cutters to remove metal from a workpiece. Vertical machining occurs on a vertical machining center (VMC), which employs a spindle with a vertical orientation. With a vertically oriented spindle, tools stick straight down from the tool holder, and often cut across the top of a workpiece. While Mazak’s vertical machining centers range in size and capacity, each one is designed with quality, reliability, ease of operation and safety in mind. Furthermore, thanks to their Production-On-Demand manufacturing philosophy, all of these vertical machining centers incorporate the latest, most advanced milling technology for boosting productivity and growing your business.
Mazak Vertical Series Benefits
- 3-, 4- and 5-axis capabilities for infinite possibilities as to the part shapes you can process
- Temperature stability through integral cooling
- MX Hybrid Roller Guides provide durability and reliability for long-term accuracy
- On-board probing for part location and feature inspection with the cutting cycle
- User-friendly CNC controls simplify programming and increase productivity
- Pallet changers that increase spindle utilization and reduce part cycle times