|Job Title||Field Service Engineer - Mazak|
|Reports To||Sales Manager|
|Position Type||Full Time|
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
Responsible for repairing CNC equipment in the field and offering technical advice to the customers. The position also provides technical labor or referral to the proper Applications Engineer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Troubleshoot Mazak machine electrical and mechanical problems.
- Communicate with Mazak and the customer.
- Perform mechanical repair on Mazak machines.
- Ability to travel regionally.
- Write and compose service reports to Mazak and A.W. Miller.
- Identify parts and replacement parts and be able to confirm with the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for replacement.
- Read and use electrical and mechanical prints.
- Able to use mechanical dial indicators, testers, and gauges.
- Use and interpret electrical test equipment, meters, and scopes.
- Identify safety issues and perform Millwrite and heavy mechanical moves.
- Identify electrical safety issues on the machines.
- Ability to determine if the repair will require software and/or special resources.
- Periodically restock parts and specialty tools.
- Schedule own travel arrangements.
The employee communicates weekly with the New York Sales Manager to receive feedback from customer jobs. The Field Service Engineer communicates daily with the Office Staff to confirm schedule and parts. The position also communicates daily with the Mazak Dispatch Office in Kentucky on every customer assignment.
Skills and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, along with a minimum of five years of machine repair experience is required for the position.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook. Must be able to upload, download, and transfer files from computer to computer or machine. The employee will need to have experience using DOS and Windows to network environments.
Intermediate language, mathematical and reasoning ability is needed for the position.
The employee will be required to use the following equipment in this position: a digital volt meter, special-use equipment, such as a test bar or certified gases, a measurement indicator, and a fork lift.
The position does not involve any supervisory responsibilities at this time.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is regularly required to climb or balance, lift or move objects, reach with hands and arms, sit at a workstation, stand, stoop, kneel or crouch, talk and hear, use their hands to touch or feel and walk.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to the risk of electrical shock and working near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally, the employee is exposed to extreme cold & heat (non-weather related), fumes or air borne particles, outdoor weather conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibration, and working in high places.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.