The Orbitec 20 is capable of creating true turned surfaces on difficult parts deemed too large to rotate. It’s ideal to decrease setup times on large and awkward pieces, often found in the energy industry. ORBITEC machines are cost effective and can complete more than 75% of valve applications in one setup while maintaining high tolerances. The patented head-design technology is capable of facing flange surfaces, conical boring taper holes, face milling and endmilling in single part setups, and it allows the centerline of rotation to be positioned where needed.
- Unique headstock design
- High-precision large-component machining
- Heavy duty integrated spindle motor
- Automatic tool changing and 60-tool magazine
- Large 19″diameter turning capability
- Optional two-pallet changer and integration into PALLETECH system for linking with other Mazak machining centers in automated production cells