Features a rigid, thermally symmetrical column that provides extreme stability and prevents heat distortion. With long axis travels, it’s highly precise to process large, complex parts requiring heavy metal removal. It combines full 5-axis machining, vertical turning operations and pallet-changing capabilities to process large, highly complex parts, such as aerospace jet engine casings and gearboxes.
The machine comes with a two-pallet changer that provides unattended operations and off-cycle part setup. This automation allows operators to load, unload and inspect parts on one pallet while the machine works on the other undisturbed.
- Rigid, thermally symmetrical column
- Robust, fast spindle and C-axis direct-drive motor generate speed, power and accuracy
- Vertical rack-style tool magazine with generous standard capacity
- Easily accessible work envelope heightens efficiency in job setups
- 2 pallet changer system
- Direct-drive table eliminates backlash for high accuracy machining
- Spindle selection addresses various metal removal requirements
- Tilting B-axis allows for full 5-axis machining
- Powerful turning spindle delivers heavy-duty performance
- Large tool storage capacities offer high flexibility
- Tool magazine located near operating area for convenient tool setup
- Integrates with optional PALLETECH System for lights-out operations